2 large or 4 small servings
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra and Corn
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 smoked pork chops; cubed (about 6 ounces)
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 small green onions, sliced thin
- Crackers for serving (optional)
- Heat corn oil in a large saucepan and add onions.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in Tomatoes, Okra and Corn (do not drain) and
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cubed pork and simmer 5-6 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in hot sauce.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowl and top with grated cheese and green onions, if desired.
- Serve with crackers of your choice.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: