- 1 (27 oz.) Margaret Holmes Seasoned Mixed Greens
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chopped tomatoes with peppers
- 1 (15 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas (drained)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Navy Beans (drained)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Kidney Beans (drained)
- 1 lb. smoked sausage (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Pour Margaret Holmes Seasoned Mixed Greens into a pot, and begin to warm.
- In a skillet, saute’ smoked sausage and onion until sausage is brown.
- Add the sausage and onion to the turnip greens, along with the tomatoes, chicken broth, Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas, beans and hot sauce.
- Heat for 30 minutes or longer to marry flavors. Serve with warm cornbread, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: