- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned (or Unseasoned) Greens (collards, turnips, mustards, kale or mixed), drained
- 1 (12 oz.) tub cottage cheese
- 5 tbs. margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together the corn meal, flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, Margaret Holmes Greens, cottage cheese, and margarine. Pour into well of flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
This recipe uses the following products: