- 1 (6-8 oz.) beef strip steak
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Hoppin’ John; drained
- 4 green onions; sliced into circles
- 6 corn tortillas; warmed
- fresh cut lemons for serving
- Pat steak dry and rub one side with the taco seasoning.
- Heat oil in a small skillet to medium-high and fry steak 3 minutes per side (depending upon how you like your beef cooked). Let rest for 5-7 minutes then cut against the grain into thin slices.
- Warm Margaret Holmes Hoppin’ John in a small saucepan (or in the microwave).
- To assemble, divide steak between the six tortillas followed by a big spoonful of Hoppin’ John. Top with green onions and serve with fresh lemon.
- *If desired you can also top with dairy sour cream.
This recipe uses the following products: