- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 (27 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens (may use collards, turnips, mustards, kale or mixed), drained
- 2 (8.5 oz.) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet, and saute onions until transparent.
- Add red pepper, ham and tomatoes and cook about 5 minutes.
- Place Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens into a rectangular Pyrex dish (or use a seasoned cast iron black skillet).
- Spoon onion, tomato & ham mixture over greens.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cornbread mix, eggs and buttermilk.
- Pour cornbread mixture on top and bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
This recipe uses the following products: