Total Time: 40 minutes
- 6 large eggs; room temperature
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Squash with Vidalia Onions; drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 inner rib celery; diced fine
- 1/4 red onion; diced fine
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- salt free vegetable seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
- For perfectly hard cooked eggs, place room temperature eggs in a saucepan just large enough to hold them comfortably along with a teaspoon of vinegar. Fill with water to cover and bring to a gentle boil. Allow to boil for 60 seconds then turn off heat and cover. Allow to cool in water for 30 minutes then slip off their shells.
- Pat Margaret Holmes Squash with Vidalia Onions dry with paper towels and remove any seeds; set aside.
- Cut cooled eggs in half (dipping knife in hot water after each egg for a clean cut).
- Pop egg yolks into mixing bowl and add mayonnaise, mustard, celery, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, nutmeg and squash. Mix well with the tines of a fork to combine, then stir until creamy.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of yolk mixture into egg white shells then transfer to an egg platter. Sprinkle with vegetable seasoning.
This recipe uses the following products: