Total Time: 140 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil; divided
- 1 large onion; chopped
- 2 celery ribs; chopped
- 8-10 baby carrots
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes; undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Great Northern Beans; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Red Beans; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Rutabagas; drained
- 1 (27 oz) can Glory Foods Green Beans with Potatoes; drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- freshly chopped parsley
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toss beef with flour and steak seasoning.
3. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
4. Brown beef in batches; remove with a slotted spoon.
5. In the same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, baby carrots; cook until onion is tender.
6. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer before adding tomatoes, wine or broth, bay leaves and beef; bring to a gentle boil.
7. Bake, covered, 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
8. Stir in great Northern beans, red beans and rutabagas; bake, covered, 20 minutes longer or until beef and vegetables are tender.
9. Add green beans with potatoes and lemon juice 5 minutes before stew is removed from oven.
10. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour; 50 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: