- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves; crushed
- 1/3 lb. smoked ham; cubed small
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes White Acre Peas; drained
- 3 tsp. mixed chopped herbs (oregano, parsley, thyme)
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add onion and red pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and black pepper; sauté one minute more.
- Stir in ham and cook for 5 minutes then add peas and herbs; cook 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest.
This recipe uses the following products: