Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 pound slab bacon; diced
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 (16 oz) box thick spaghetti
- 2 (room temperature) eggs; beaten
- 1/3 cup heavy cream; warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes White Acre Peas; drained
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley; chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
1. Fry bacon for 1-2 minutes then add garlic; cook another minute or two.
2. Boil spaghetti according to box directions; drain and return to pot.
3. Beat egg with cream, black pepper and red pepper flakes; pour over noodles while they are still hot and stir quickly so the spaghetti can “cook” the eggs.
4. Stir in peas, parsley, cheese and bacon-garlic mixture.
5. Serve with crusty bread and butter.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes (includes boiling spaghetti)
*Medium Green Lima Beans can be replaced
for the White Acre Peas.
This recipe uses the following products: