- 3 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion; diced
- 1 small bell pepper; seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 2 tsp. beef seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 2 (4 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra and Corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a large (heavy) stock pot (or Dutch oven).
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes on low heat then turn heat to high. Sprinkle beef cubes with seasoning and cumin; transfer to stockpot and sauté (stirring frequently) until browned.
- Turn heat to medium then stir in vinegar, broth, drained mushrooms, diced tomatoes (with juice) and Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra and Corn. Stir well, add bay leaf then cover.
- Simmer on low for 40 minutes (or until beef is tender). Serve over cooked rice.
This recipe uses the following products: