- 1 (8”) loaf egg bread (unsliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (5 oz) can chunk light tuna
- 2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra & Corn; drained and heated
- Cut an inch off each end of bread (discard) then cut loaf in half vertically.
- Slice a pocket in each piece starting at the top, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and toast bread on both sides.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the tuna, mayo, lemon juice, mustard and heated tomatoes, okra & corn.
- Divide between the two chunks of bread and carefully stuff.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep/ cook time: 10 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: