Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (7 oz.) can premium solid tuna; excess liquid pressed out
- 2/3 cup (from a 14.5 oz. can) Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1 hard cooked egg; chopped
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos; drained well
- 2 tbs. fat reduced mayonnaise
- 2 green onions; sliced thin
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- vegetable seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash) for sprinkling
- lettuce for serving, if desired
- Cut the tops off tomatoes and gently (with a grapefruit spoon) remove inside meat (discard).
- Sprinkle inside of tomatoes with salt then turn over on paper towel to drain.
- Place tuna in a medium bowl and flake with the tines of a fork. Add Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans, egg, pimentos, mayo, green onion, lemon juice and hot sauce. Combine and refrigerate mixture for 15-20 minutes before stuffing tomatoes.
- Sprinkle finished tomatoes with vegetable seasoning and serve on a bed of lettuce, if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate time: 15 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: