2 Large Bowls
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans Margaret Holmes Tomatoes & Okra
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 sprig rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry; optional
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh rolls for serving
- Place tomatoes and okra in a power blender or food processor fitted with metal blade. Process until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic; sauté for 1-2 minutes. Stir in pureed tomatoes and okra along with rosemary sprig.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig (discard) and stir in sherry and cream. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Before serving, sprinkle with rosemary, if desired.
Yield: 2 large or 4 small servings
Prep/ cook time: 20 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: