- 1/2 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans beef consumme*
- 2 small carrots; cut into coins
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Rutabagas; drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Fresh, crusty bread for serving
- Place beef cubes, flour, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag and shake to coat meat.
- Heat oil in a soup pot and add meat (discarding excess flour mixture), stirring frequently to sear. Stir in onion, dried mustard, Worcestershire sauce, consume and carrots. Turn heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- When beef is tender, stir in rutabagas, parsley and lemon juice; cook 10 minutes more.
- Serve with fresh bread, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: