Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion; halved and sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Rutabagas; drained
- 1 (13.5 oz) can spinach (I like Popeye brand); drained
- Lemon zest
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and bacon; cook one minute more.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, rutabagas and spinach.
- Turn heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Zest fresh lemon rind over soup before serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: