Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Tomatoes and Okra
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, cayenne, cumin and a pinch of black pepper. Cook for 1 minute to blend the flavors.
- Add the water, along with 2 cans of Margaret Holmes Tomatoes and Okra. Simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the stew from the heat and stir in cilantro. May serve over rice.
This recipe uses the following products: