- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (27 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens (collards, kale, mustards, mixed or turnips) drained
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (12-inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until almost done. Add onions and garlic to skillet and saute until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add drained Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens to skillet, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. When greens are tender, remove from heat and set pan aside.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust. Spread the greens mixture evenly on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes (or follow timing directions on the pizza crust package).
- When pizza is done, remove from oven, cut and sprinkle with fresh basil just before serving.
This recipe uses the following products: