- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter (cooled)
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Buttered Corn
- 1 1/2 tbs. (from a 4 oz. can) diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9” cast iron skillet with Crisco, lard or bacon fat.
- Empty both boxes of corn muffin mix in a large bowl and stir with a fork to eliminate all clumps.
- Add eggs and eggs yolks, milk, sour cream and butter. Using a hand mixer, beat together until the batter is smooth.
- Stir in the Margaret Holmes Buttered Corn, chilies and pepper.
- Heat the cast iron pan on the stove for 5 minutes then pour in the batter. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and continue to bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
*If you do not have a cast iron skillet, use a greased 8” x 8” baking pan (do NOT heat on stove first, just place directly into the oven).
This recipe uses the following products: