- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion; sliced into half moons
- 1 (4 lb.) beef chuck roast
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp. steak seasoning
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can beef consomme* (or broth)
- 1 can sliced new potatoes; drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas; drained
- creamy horseradish sauce; optional
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in a skillet and sauté onion for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Transfer onions to a plate; set aside.
- Dredge roast in flour and season with steak seasoning. Return to skillet to heat with remaining oil; sear roast on both sides to brown.
- Transfer roast to a slow cooker (crock pot) and top with the onions. Pour beef consomme over onions and cover; cook on medium-high setting for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add potatoes and Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas; turn setting down to low and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Serve with a dollop of creamy horseradish, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: