Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 pound skirt steak; trimmed
- 1 (12 oz) bottle steak marinade
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Pinto Beans
- 1/3 cup marinated red bell peppers; chopped
- 4 cups cooked grits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- dried parsley
- fresh lime zest
- Place skirt steak in a large plastic storage bag alone with
the marinade. Allow to marinate 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from marinade (discard) and slice (across the grain)
into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat vegetable oil to almost smoking then quickly stir-fry steak
for 3-4 minutes. Turn heat to low and add beans and red peppers;
cook an additional 6 minutes.
- Stir butter into hot grits and divide between 4 warmed bowls.
- Top with steak and beans and sprinkle with a little dried parsley
and lime zest.
*This can be made with any left-over steak you have in the refrigerator.
This recipe uses the following products: