Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup iced water
- 4 chicken leg & thigh pieces (with skin)
- salt & pepper
- 1 large red onion; sliced into lengthwise stripes
- 1/3 cup peeled garlic cloves; halved
- 3-4 fresh thyme springs
- 1 lemon; cut into thick circles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil; divided
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can Margaret Holmes Rutabagas; drained
- paprika and dried parsley for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place iced water and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Swish chicken pieces around in vinegar water to wash then pat dry.
- Arrange chicken (skin side up) on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place onions, garlic and thyme around chicken and drizzle allwith olive oil. Rub lemon with olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes then scatter rutabaga over the chicken andsprinkle everything on sheet pan with paprika and dried parsley.
- Continue to bake an additional 20 minutes until juices from chicken run clear when pierced (meat thermometer should read 160 degrees F).
This recipe uses the following products: