- 4 slices thick bacon; diced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Hoppin John (do not drain)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry bacon in a large (deep-sided) skillet.
- Stir in seasoning, chicken broth, Margaret Holmes Hoppin John and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes (stirring gently occasionally) until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
This recipe uses the following products: