Total Time: 70 minutes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas; drained
- 4 large Russet potatoes; peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cube butter; melted
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 5-6 tablespoons flour
- dried parsley; optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree rutabagas in a blender until smooth; transfer to a large saucepan along with the butter, milk, cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Grease a 6 cup casserole dish and spoon a little rutabaga cream on the bottom to coat. Place a layer of potatoes on bottom of dish then sprinkle with a little flour. Spoon more cream sauce onto potatoes followed by more flour and then more cream. Repeat until all potatoes and sauce are used up.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until potatoes are tender and casserole is light golden brown. Sprinkle with dried parsley, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: