Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk; warmed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream; warmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Rutabagas; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet peas; drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Melt butter over low heat and gradually whisk in flour, pepper and salt.
- Cook 2 minutes until thick and light brown.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cream; remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, rutabagas, and sweet peas.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve over rive.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: