- 2 cans Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas; drained
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 8 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 6” x 6” x 2” casserole dish; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and add onion; sauté 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour beaten eggs into a mixing bowl along with the cream, salt, pepper, parsley and nutmeg. Whisk together until frothy then stir in the lemon zest, cubed bread, cheddar cheese, Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas and sautéed onion.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned and heated through.
This recipe uses the following products: