- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the water into a saucepan, add rice, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir once, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the moisture is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas, milk, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Beat or mash the rutabagas until smooth. Stir in the cooked rice, and beat in the egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks for. Fold gently into the rutabagas mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
This recipe uses the following products: