- 1 (16 oz) box dried pasta (any sturdy shape)
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow bell pepper; seeded and diced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus; cut into bite size pieces (top 2/3 of stalk)
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans; drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Butter Peas (or any small lima bean); drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or other small grain)
- 1 (8 oz) bottle Italian oil and vinegar dressing
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Boil pasta according to box directions; drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté bell pepper, asparagus, onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add to pasta and mix well. Stir in quinoa, black beans, butter peas and dressing.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour then scatter with cheese and parsley.
- This salad can be eaten chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe uses the following products: