Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Mixed Greens
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 tbs. real butter, soften
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain Margaret Holmes Mixed Greens, add fresh water and drain again.
- Add greens, applesauce and 1/2 cup water to a blender. Blend until completely mixed.
- Pour greens and applesauce mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and cake mix, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a muffin pan lined with paper liners. Fill 24 cups about 2/3 full.
- Place in oven and bake for about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Slowly add cocoa.
- Add powdered sugar until frosting is of desired consistency.
Let cupcakes cool, frost and store in refrigerator until ready to be eaten.
This recipe uses the following products: