Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 16 medium frozen (tail on) shrimp; defrosted
- 2 teaspoons creole seafood seasoning*
- 1/3 cup bottled spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (15 oz) cans Margaret Holmes Red Beans & Rice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel then sprinkle with creole seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, melt butter and saute shrimp for 1-1/2 minutes per side until no longer pink.
- Turn heat to low and stir in barbecue sauce and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes more.
- Heat red beans and rice and divide between 4 heated pasta bowls.
- Top with shrimp and scatter with fresh parsley.
- Serve with fresh cut lemon wedges, if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
*We like Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
*Frozen shrimp are often on sale and very economical.
This recipe uses the following products: