Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white onion; chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 (27 oz) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Mustard Greens (do not drain)
- 1 (25 oz) can white hominy; drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 pound (medium-sized) pre-cooked shrimp
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and seasoning; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add mustard greens and hominy. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and shrimp; cook 5 minutes more until warmed through.
- Make sure to not add shrimp until right before serving as they tend to get tough if cooked to long. Mustard greens and hominy can be simmer for up to 30 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep/ cook time: 20-25 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: