- 6 thick slices white bread; toasted
- 6 tablespoons okra mayonnaise (recipe below)
- 1 large, ripe avocado; smashed
- 2 tomatoes; cut into slices
- 1/4 bunch watercress leaves (or chopped baby spinach)
- 24 small cooked shrimp
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Cut Okra; drained well
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- A couple small sprigs dill
- 1 cup (whole fat) mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajon or Creole seasoning
- Spread okra mayo on toasts and then the smashed avocado.
- Scatter with watercress (or spinach) leaves topped with slices of tomato and shrimp. Garnish with dill sprigs and a lemon slice.
Lemony Okra Mayonnaise:
- Place okra, lemon juice and dill in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in mayonnaise and seasoning; mix well.
Yield: 2 cups mayonnaise
*This dip must be kept chilled.
Store in a glass jar with a tight lid for up to 3 days.
This recipe uses the following products: