Total Time: 120 minutes
- 8 slices uncooked bacon, divided
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (pure or imitation)
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Lima Beans, any size or variety
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice 6 slices of bacon and place in a skillet with the onions. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften and start to brown, and the bacon is mostly cooked.
- Add black pepper, maple syrup and Margaret Holmes Lima Beans to the pan. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the bean mixture into a 8"x8"x2" casserole dish. Top the bean mixture with 2 bacon slices.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until the beans are thickened.
This recipe uses the following products: