- 3 tbs. butter or margarine
- 3 tbs. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt free garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Tomato, Okra, & Corn
- 8 oz. cooked elbow macaroni, drained
- 16 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cornbread crumbs or bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, add butter and flour whisking together and cooking until flour is light brown.
- Add seasoning, hot sauce and milk, whisking and cooking about 10 minutes for mixture to thicken slightly.
- Stir in can of Margaret Holmes Tomatoes, Okra & Corn, cooked macaroni, and 3/4 of cheese, heating well.
- Pour into nonstick sprayed 2 qt. casserole dish. Combine cornbread crumbs and remaining ¼ cup cheese and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe uses the following products: