Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large head Iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 small Hatch (or other mild green) chile; seeded and diced
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup (from an 8 oz jar) mild taco sauce
- 8 halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Pinto Beans
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Carefully separate lettuce leaves and rinse in cold water.
- Wrap in paper towel and store in refrigerator until needed.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté green chile and onion for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ground beef and fry until no longer pink (4-5 minutes); drain off any excess liquid.
- Return skillet to medium heat and stir in taco seasoning, taco sauce, tomatoes and pinto beans. Turn heat to low and simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Divide mixture between 8 lettuce leaves and scatter with cheese.
- To fold, tuck in top and bottom edges then roll up. Serve with fresh lime and sour cream, if desired.