- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (room temperature)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (room temperature)
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 6 slices deli mortadella (or any Italian lunch meat)
- 4 sliced roasted red pepper (patted dry)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Squash with Vidalia Onions (drained and pressed dry)
- Slightly toast bread, and then spread 2 slices with a tsp. of mayo.
- Melt butter in a skillet over low-medium heat, and place the 2 slices of bread (mayo side up) into the skillet. Top with cheddar and mozzarella cheese slices followed by basil leaves and mortadella.
- Smash Margaret Holmes Squash with Vidalia Onions with the tines of a fork and spread onto remaining bread.
- Place bread with the squash onto mortadella and turn sandwich over to brown; cook until cheese had melted and sandwich is golden brown on both sides.
This recipe uses the following products: