12 Egg Rolls
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 (2 oz) packets instant mashed potatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Cabbage
- 12 (6 inch) egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper; seeded and cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup peanut oil for frying
- (Optional) Red chile sauce for dipping
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to packet directions.
- Drain cabbage and press out excess liquid.
- Lay out egg roll wrappers (4 at a time) on a work surface.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes onto each wrapper within one inch of edge, followed by some cabbage, grated carrot and bell pepper strips
- Fold opposite ends of wrappers over filling, turn and tightly roll up (there will be illustrations for wrapping egg rolls on package).
- Moisten edge with a small amount of water to seal.
- Heat oil in a large (high-sided) skillet to 350 degrees (medium-high).
- Fry (in 2 batches) for 2 minutes, turning occasionally so that all sides have browned. Drain on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with chile dipping sauce (or sauce of your choice).
Yield: 12 egg rolls
Prep/ cook time: 30 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: