Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 slices thick bacon; diced
- 2 gloves garlic; minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Margret Holmes Cut Okra; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can white hominy; drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- 2 (12 oz) packages frozen zucchini spirals; defrosted
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- Freshly baked biscuits, for serving
- In a large (high-sided) skillet, fry bacon until fat renders.
- Drain off fat and return to medium heat. Stir in garlic, okra, hominy and parsley. Simmer 10 minutes, remove from heat, and stir in lemon pepper and lemon zest, if using.
- Heat zucchini spirals, drain off any excess liquid, and stir in butter.
- Divide between 4 warmed plates and top with bacon-hominy mixture.
- Serve with hot biscuits, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: