- 1 (27 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens (collards, turnips, mustards, mixed or kale), drained
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (whole milk or part skim)
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb. turkey sausage, diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish or casserole.
- Heat broth and half-and-half in a sauce pan, just until bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring for one minute. Add the hot broth mixture all at once and stir over medium heat until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Whisk in the grated Parmesan, ricotta and beaten egg.
- Stir in the Margaret Holmes Seasoned Greens and diced sausage, and pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and then sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese over the top; bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the mozzarella is melted and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
This recipe uses the following products: