Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- 2 sprigs thyme (plus extra for garnish)
- 12 oz boiled linguine
- 1/2 cup (from a 15 oz can) Margaret Holmes Collard Greens (liquid pressed out)
- shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large wok (or high-sided skillet) and saute garlic and shallots for 2 minutes.
2. Turn heat to low and stir in cream and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes (do NOT let mixture boil).
3. Remove thyme sprigs (discard) and add collard green.
4. When mixed well, stir in cooked (hot) linguine.
5. To serve, transfer to a heated platter and sprinkle with shaved
cheese and garnish with thyme sprigs.
*White onions can be used in place of shallots, but double the amount as shallots are stronger.
Prep time: 20 minutes to boil pasta
Cook time: 10 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: