- 1-1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Fancy Tiny Field Peas
- peanut oil, as needed
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- In a frying pan, preheat peanut oil to 350°F.
- Scoop heaping tbs. of the prepared mixture into the frying pan and fry until golden brown, turning only once.
- Remove the fritters and place them on paper towels to drain. Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
This recipe uses the following products: