Other worldly Gumbo!
Submitted by: Michaela Rosenthal
Total Time: 10 minutes
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, bell pepper and celery.
2. Saute (stirring occasionally) for 5-6 minutes then add garlic and creole seasoning.
3. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes before adding tomatoes & okra along with black eye peas and vegetable broth.
4. Simmer on low heat for 7-8 minutes then add shrimp and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce.
6. Serve gumbo over white rice or corn grits, if desired.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
*Frozen shrimp is frequently on sale and very economical.