Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas; drained
- 8 oz. (from a 14 oz. can) pureed butternut squash*
- 1 (16 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- no-salt vegetable seasoning (like Mrs. Dash), for sprinkling
- tomato relish, chutney or basil pesto (optional)
- Place Margaret Holmes Diced Rutabagas in a blender and process until smooth; transfer to a large saucepan. Add pureed butternut squash, chicken broth and milk; mix well.
- Add garlic cloves, onion powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste; simmer over low heat (no NOT let boil) for 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Remove garlic cloves (discard) and divide between warmed soup bowls. Sprinkle with seasoning and top with a dollop of relish, chutney or pesto, if desired.
*2 (4.35 oz.) jars of butternut squash baby food can be used in place of canned squash.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: