Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 (4 oz) block cream cheese; cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (28 oz) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned Mustard Greens; liquid pressed out
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt better then whisk in flour.
- Slowly add the half & half and when incorporated
stir in the cream cheese. Allow cream cheese to melt
(low heat) then stir in the nutmeg, white pepper, dry mustard and mustard greens.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon zest and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired.
This recipe uses the following products: