Total Time: 16 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 (2 count- 3 oz) boxes frozen crab cakes
- 1 (10 oz) bag kale
- 1/2 cup radicchio lettuce; torn
- 1/2 cup chopped & pitted dates
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles (or other soft, white cheese)
- 1 (15 oz) can Margaret Holmes White Acre Peas; drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
- fresh lime wedges
1. Heat canola oil in a large skillet and fry crab cakes according to box directions; keep warm.
2. Place kale, radicchio, dates and goat cheese in a large salad bowl.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, mustard and seasoning. Pour over salad and toss well to coat.
4. To serve, divide salad between 4 plates and top each with a crab cake.
5. Serve with a lime wedge, if desired.
*black eye peas can be used in place of white acre peas if unavailable in your area.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6-7 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: