- 4 thick slices bacon; diced
- 1 small white onion; cut into half moons
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon pork seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Margaret Holmes Collard Greens
- 1/2 cup (or more) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Fry bacon and onion in a soup pot or high-sided saucepan until bacon is almost crisp.
- Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add chicken broth and collard greens; turn heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Divide between 2 large (or 4 small) heated soup bowls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.