Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 jalapeno pepper; seeded & chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Squash with Vidalia Onions; drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream; room temperature
- 1 green onion; sliced into circles
- vegetable seasoning for sprinkling
- crisp pita chips for serving
- Melt butter in a small skillet and sauté jalapeno for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a power blender along with Margaret Holmes Squash with Vidalia Onions and blend until smooth.
- Transfer squash mixture to a medium size saucepan along with the broth. Bring to a low boil then immediately turn heat to a simmer. Cook for 6-8 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and transfer to a bowl. Allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour then place soup in the refrigerator for an additions 2-3 hours.
- To serve, divide chilled soup into 4 soup bowls and sprinkle with scallions and vegetable seasoning. Serve with crisp pita chips or crackers.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 2-3 hours
This recipe uses the following products: