Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz cans) Margaret Holmes Tomatoes & Okra
- 1-1/2 cups cooked pearl barley
- 1 (12.5 oz can) white meat chicken
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan or soup pot.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and paprika; saute 1 minute more.
- Add chicken broth, Tomatoes & Okra and barley.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add canned chicken and cook 5 minutes more.
*Barley can be replaced with any cooked grain of your choice.
Prep tine: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: