- 1 (28 oz.) bag frozen hash brown potatoes (defrosted)
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned (or Unseasoned) Blackeye Peas, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos, drained
- 3 tbs. hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together potatoes, butter, onion, salt, pepper, sour cream.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except for bacon bits) and pour into a 9” x 11” casserole dish (coated with cooking spray).
- Sprinkle bacon bits over top and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes then remove foil. Cook an additional 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe uses the following products: