2 (9") quiche / 6 pieces per quiche
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 (2-count) package 9” frozen pie shells; defrosted
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Buttered Corn; drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions; sliced into thin cicles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, half & half, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- When incorporated, stir in the buttered corn.
- Stir in all the cheese and the green onions.
- Divide between the two pie shells and bake for 50 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes
or until the custard has set.
- If crust becomes too brown, cover lightly with tin foil.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before cutting into 6 slices.
If you are freezing one, allow to COMPLETELY cool then double
wrap in tin foil. To re-heat, unwrap place in a 325 degrees oven;
bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is warm.
Cook time: 80 minutes
Cool time: 20 minutes
This recipe uses the following products: