Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, sliced into thin slivers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans, drained (reserve 3 tbs. liquid)
- 2 tbs. sesame tahini paste
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3-4 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- pinch salt
- Heat 2 tbs. olive oil in a small skillet and fry shallots until almost crisp.
- Remove from heat and stir in garlic and cumin; set aside.
- Place Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans, reserved liquid, tahini paste, lemon juice, Glory Foods Hot Sauce and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process until just smooth and creamy (do not over process or hummus will turn into a paste).
- Scrape into a serving dish and stir in the shallot mixture. Serve with pita bread or chips.
This recipe uses the following products: